Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

advice please you wise lot.

(7 Posts)
loopylou6 Mon 17-Sep-07 09:06:58

ok dd (3) started being unwell on saturday afternoon, she had a nap and woke up with a temp, gave her calpol sunday she was still unwell so took her to out of hours docs, he said she has tonsilitus (which i found strange as he barely looked in her mouth) gave her antibiotics, i gave her her firt dose at 4 30 yesterday she perked up alot, about 4 30 this morning she had a coughing fit and was sick, not proper sick just water really, i thought she had made herself sick by coughing, this morning i gave her more antibiotics, 5 mins later she was sick, again just a bit of water, shes seems ok in herself though. So my question is why the sickness? if she was allergic to the antibiotics she wouldnt of been sick 12 hours after taking them would she? i had a reaction last weeka fter taking them and was severly sick repeatedly 3 hours after taking them, what do u think?

cornsilk Mon 17-Sep-07 09:09:29

Maybe she would have been more severely sick - as you were. But it's best to be safe. Perhaps phone NHS direct?

loopylou6 Mon 17-Sep-07 09:12:32

thank you cornsilk, i have phoned the nurse but will have to wait till this afternoon till she phones me, grrr i hate waiting.

NappiesGalore Mon 17-Sep-07 09:13:55

i would investigate. the doc should see you today as shes only 3.

loopylou6 Mon 17-Sep-07 09:16:21

yes will do nappies, its very strange, i know there is a sickness bug going round, but if it was that she would of been alot more sick i think

LIZS Mon 17-Sep-07 09:20:58

Tonsillitis can also cause sickness, if it is Strep throat, for instance. Maybe a throat swab could confirm what the bacteria is, if she has a throat infection.

loopylou6 Mon 17-Sep-07 09:23:16

thanks lizs, i didnt know that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now