Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know what this is?

(7 Posts)
RedRed9 Fri 01-May-20 21:31:33

I sometimes get an uncomfortable feeling down one half of my body. Just half. (Mostly my head, face, shoulder. Sometimes also down the same arm into my fingers.)

The best way I can describe it is it feels a bit like restless legs. (But not in my legs.) Tingly but not exactly tingly, very uncomfortable and like I’m hyper aware of it.

Does anyone else every get anything like this? Or does anyone have any idea what it is?

OP’s posts: |
lydia7986 Sat 02-May-20 02:00:16

Is it a new development, or something that’s been happening for a while? Could be worth a phone appointment with your GP at some point - although right now obviously there are no referrals for anything other than suspected cancer, so if they do think you need further investigations you may have to wait quite a while.

HannaYeah Sat 02-May-20 02:04:28

I have issues with my neck and shoulders and I get this sometimes down one side.

I go to a chiropractor and that always sorts it out

RedRed9 Sat 02-May-20 10:03:27

It’s been happening at least a few months @lydia7986 I probably should ask the GP about it. I just didn’t know if it was worth bothering them over. But it really is such a weird sensation and I just can’t get away from it!

Interesting that a chiropractor sorts it out for you @HannaYeah. Do you feel it in your face too?

RedRed9 Sat 02-May-20 10:03:55

Thank you both by the way!

HannaYeah Sat 02-May-20 10:40:04

I get migraines also from my alignment problem. But not at the same time as this. It’s one or the other.

I was told that the weight of a dime on a nerve can stop 90 percent of its function. So bones just a little out of alignment can cause all kinds of physical issues.

I def think you need to get checked out. I think by both GP and Chiro. Chiro should do X-rays of your spine on a first time visit. Good ones here (I’m in US) also do heat mapping and some other testing. If your issues are caused by misalignment, you can usually see the problem yourself when they show you the X-rays.

Yoga and stretching also massively help me.

HannaYeah Sat 02-May-20 10:44:26

By the way, I think our changed circumstances might be leading to differences in our daily routines that effect our spines.

I noticed I’m sitting on the couch more, and my home “desk” is my kitchen table which is not the best for my back and neck.

Could this be true for you as well?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »