Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Would you have a filling done while BFing?

(9 Posts)
MegBusset Sun 16-Sep-07 20:07:14

I am going to the dentists on Tuesday, have toothache that I suspect is a cavity. Am still BFing so wondering what to do, research seems to suggest it's not a problem but NHS advises leaving fillings til after you've finished BFing. Do the white ones have mercury in too, or is it just the amalgam ones? And does anyone know if I'd have to pay to get white ones done?

ChasingSquirrels Sun 16-Sep-07 20:08:05

no experience, but the title made me laugh - I probably wouldn't have it done while I was actually in the act of bf...

ja9 Sun 16-Sep-07 20:09:33

gosh - i had never thought his would be a problem.

i plan to get a new crown before my year of post -bay free dental care runs out and i hope to be feeding dd way beyond that...

MegBusset Sun 16-Sep-07 20:12:14

Chasingsquirrels grin

I'm all for BF in public but that would be going a bit far!

nell12 Sun 16-Sep-07 20:12:52

Had a root canal done while bfing!!
No problems at all

j20baby Sun 16-Sep-07 20:13:25

my dentist did a white one while i was pg but said it would need replacing after lo born, didn't pay for it. hth

SecondhandRose Sun 16-Sep-07 20:14:15

No mercury in white fillings.

Jamantha Sun 16-Sep-07 20:21:03

I am BF and just had to have a big filling done They had to do it with a white filling because as secondhandrose said it has no mercury in. But was warned that this type is not as strong as the mercury amalgam ones, so probably won't last so long.

Jamantha Sun 16-Sep-07 20:21:54

Oh and I didn't have to pay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now