Talk

Advanced search

Dry painful throat no other symptoms

(2 Posts)
BippityBoppity87 Sat 25-Apr-20 16:57:01

Hiya, wondering if anyone has any advice

So I’ve had a very sore, painful throat for 3 weeks now and I don’t know what my next steps should be

About 2 weeks ago I rang the gp who then told me to ring 111, which I did. I explained my symptoms, which were swollen glands and tonsils with white spots on them, very painful swallowing anything, was as if I was swollowing glass. I was diagnosed with strep throat and given antibiotics the same day

Anyway, it seemed to have worked a treat and I was pretty much pain free after I finished my course of antibiotics (penicillin) which was 7 days

Since then it seems to have come back albeit not as bad as it was, but still pretty painful. Then it will go away again for a day or two, then come back again. I’ve been drinking plenty fluids, paracetamol which hasn’t really done anything

Should I ring the gp back? I don’t want to bother them when there’s more pressing issues going on at the moment and see if it goes away on its own?

Any help would be appreciated thank you

OP’s posts: |
Mary1935 Sun 26-Apr-20 02:55:51

I’d give them a call. It won’t be a problem for them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »