Talk

Advanced search

What is this patch on my leg ?

(3 Posts)
SirVixofVixHall Wed 22-Apr-20 22:42:06

I had an itchy rash, a bit like hives on one knee a few weeks ago. It went away, then redness and itchyness came back again about a week ago, coinciding with a painful knee, as though I have maybe wrenched it ?
The redness is now bigger, roughly on my knee , below my kneecap, and very itchy. What could it be and is there anything I can do ? Obviously don’t want to go to the GP.
Not an insect bite as far as I can tell.
Excuse stubbly white leg, I haven’t been shaving in case it makes things worse.

OP’s posts: |
browzingss Thu 23-Apr-20 06:12:15

Could be a form of contact dermatitis. Even if it isn’t, eczema treatments can still help as they’re quite gentle and emollient so will soothe the area.

Antihistamines will help with the itching, try not to use too many products on the area like shower gels/lotions etc in case your products irritate it further. Keep using sunscreen though.

SirVixofVixHall Thu 23-Apr-20 10:37:59

Yes I have been careful with shower gels etc. I had a year of chronic hives a few years ago, I have reactive skin, so I am fairly careful with products anyway. I am coeliac, and there is an itchy rash you can get if you accidentally eat gluten, so I wondered if it was that at first, but it isn’t bumpy like with hives, just a thickened , itchy area.
Will try an eczema cream.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »