Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pins & needles / numbness in arms any ideas

(5 Posts)
albatross Sat 15-Sep-07 00:41:26

For a couple of months I have been waking up with pins and needles in my arms and numb hands. sometimes I wake during the night to intense pain in my arms has anyone got any ideas what could be causing this?
I fall asleep on my front and always wake up half way down the bed if this has any significance. Should I get myself checked out or am I just getting old?

hatwoman Sat 15-Sep-07 00:46:28

unless it's obviously normal cutting off of circulation becaseu of how you;re lying (and I'm guessig not) you should probbaly get it checked

albatross Sat 15-Sep-07 00:53:28

Thanks hatwoman I have been ignoring it but it isn't getting any better. I had a minor back injury many years ago and thought it might be conected but I am not getting any off the back ache etc I had previously.

vole3 Sat 15-Sep-07 01:57:53

Sounds like carpal tunnel problem to me. Go see your GP and they may refer you for an orthopaedic opinion.

lounan Sat 15-Sep-07 05:33:10

Had this after car accident 6 years ago went to doctors and diagnosed carpal tunnel.Had steroid injections,wrist bands and physio
Nothing worked, i refused an operation as i had a new born
Went to see a acupuncturist/physio and felt better within 2 visits.Appartently was from very bad whip lash, took 18months to go but was well worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now