Talk

Advanced search

Dizziness and High BP post natal

(5 Posts)
hales243 Tue 21-Apr-20 12:18:50

Hello,

Just wondering if any of you ladies have suffered dizziness and raised blood pressure after giving birth? I've been suffering with extreme dizziness which is present for most of the day, but seems to get worse in the evenings. I've been monitoring my blood pressure for the last few days also and its remained at an average of 145/95. My little boy is now 11 weeks old. Just wondering what it could be 😕

TIA

OP’s posts: |
Ispywithmycynicaleye Tue 21-Apr-20 20:15:47

You should phone triage and let them know. Be prepared for an overnight stay with baby for monitoring.

That's what happened to me after my last 2 births. I have essential hypertension and had pre-eclampsia in both.

Have you any of these or had before the birth? You can still develop pre-eclampsia post partum even if your bp and everything was fine before so definitely worth getting it checked out.

Congratulations flowers

Ispywithmycynicaleye Tue 21-Apr-20 20:18:08

Sorry, just re-read your little boy is 11 weeks old. Probably not pre-eclampsia. You should still phone triage and ask for advice.

rainydogday Tue 21-Apr-20 20:18:20

Midwife here. Ring your GP. Could be effects of high BP. It won't be preeclampsia at 11 weeks postnatal. Is your iron level ok? Could be that you are anaemic?

hales243 Sun 26-Apr-20 15:00:39

Thank you both. I've rang my doctor and hes asked me to monitor my BP from home for 7 days and report back. He also suggested taking some blood for testing so will hopefully find out what's going on then! smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »