Talk

Advanced search

Can your teeth fall off?(pic)

(19 Posts)
Airingdirtysocks Mon 20-Apr-20 15:08:15

Hi,

I've been feeling an intense pressure and some sensitivity on the two bottom incisor. I cannot see much wrong, but it feels like I have braces on, pressure from sides etc..

I have attached a picture

OP’s posts: |
BendyLikeBeckham Mon 20-Apr-20 15:10:30

they just look like teeth to me. Why do you think they will fall off?

Maybe you've got an abcess under one of them. It can trigger pain across the gum. Or they have become sensitive. Or you grind them in your sleep.

Mrsmorton Mon 20-Apr-20 15:12:21

There's some plaque/tartar there. Give them a good floss.

QueenofSwearing Mon 20-Apr-20 15:13:23

You've got quite a bit of plaque and tarter build up in between your teeth, it could be that you're feeling. But to be honest it sounds more like TMJ to me. Give it a google and see if your symptoms fit.

Airingdirtysocks Mon 20-Apr-20 15:14:08

@Mrsmorton thanks, I floss in the morning but I keep getting it. Last time I went for a dentist clean was March confused

Bluebooby Mon 20-Apr-20 15:19:08

It looks like you have a little plaque built up. Doesn't look too bad, a hygienist will be able to get rid of it when they're back open. In the meantime just floss well. I don't think there's any chance of your teeth just falling out. I wonder if your gums may be receding a little? I have receding gums and it looks a little similar I think - I am not an expert at all. I know receding gums can be hereditary but can also be caused by bacteria, I think corsodyl can help in the latter case.

User721 Mon 20-Apr-20 15:22:50

Teeth can move throughout your life. My dh gets pressure this this he was told it was his teeth moving.

Airingdirtysocks Mon 20-Apr-20 15:23:50

@Bluebooby could be, not sure what receding gums look like but will ask my hygienist to check once they open again. I just feel like from the front and the sides something is pushing on my teeth sad terrible sensation

Airingdirtysocks Mon 20-Apr-20 15:24:16

@User721 thanks, didn't know that

Literallyfedup Mon 20-Apr-20 15:52:06

Is there any chance that you are getting wisdom teeth? Sometimes there is no space for wisdom teeth when they come out so they come out at an angle and pushing other teeth which causes pressure in the front teeth. Half erupted wisdom teeth can also cause infection with stuck food particles and you cannot clean the area with regular brushing or flossing and you will need tuft brush for that.
If the pressure in the front teeth is bothering you too much you can use bonjela on it.

Bluebooby Mon 20-Apr-20 16:07:58

Receding gums happens gradually but basically the gum line gets lower and more of the tooth gets exposed over time. Not sure if yours are, but your incisors look quite long I think - mine are long now due to the receding. Actually didn't think about this until user said it, but my teeth have also moved and I do get a bit of jaw ache from it sometimes. From what I understand from my dentist it's nothing to worry about, though mine have now moved so they're overlapping in places and I plan to get them straightened. It took several years to reach that stage though.

Airingdirtysocks Mon 20-Apr-20 16:22:56

@Literallyfedup I have three out and one that is horizontal so won't come out. My dentist said he won't take it out though.

@Bluebooby yes, they do look long, wonder why I was never told about gums receding.

Literallyfedup Mon 20-Apr-20 16:31:32

It is possible that the one that is horizontal is creating a cavity that is causing the small food particle to get stuck causing gum inflammation. Pressure in front teeth is usually the sign. Try brushing the area near the wisdom teeth, clean it thoroughly and use a mouth wash. If you have bonjela apply it on the gum near the wisdom teeth and front teeth. You might need cleaning when the dentist open again.

Airingdirtysocks Mon 20-Apr-20 16:39:57

@Literallyfedup the horizantal one is completely covered, hasn't come out sad

Literallyfedup Mon 20-Apr-20 16:50:30

It could be something else then but bonjela might still help.
I have 3 varieties of wisdom teeth , one is completely out but out of the normal gum line - it has created its own space and now I need special toothbrush and extra 30 seconds to clean that one. The second one in half in half out at a very strange angle. Needs another kind of brush and another 1 minutes. The third one in not out at all but has recently made the gum covering it soft and susceptible to infection.
In my experience if I ever have problem in my mouth it is either of the threegrin. Don't know what will happen when the fourth one decides to show up.
May be do a finger test. Touch your gums and see if you feel softness anywhere. Or if they are swollen.

Mrsmorton Mon 20-Apr-20 16:54:17

Unlikely to be your wisdom tooth. Very unlikely. Also you have some tiny spaces which means it's probably not the teeth moving either. Your gums don't look like they're receding but there is a lot of plaque and some inflammation.

Can you get some disclosing tablets? There's no way that plaque wasn't there this morning. That's a couple of days worth at least.

Could very well be your TMJ or occlusion. The teeth look quite healthy.

Airingdirtysocks Mon 20-Apr-20 17:13:48

@Mrsmorton thanks, I'm just waiting for my dentist to open again, can't wait! I usually have a clean every 3 months and have always had to tendency to have plaque building up really quickly, I probably should floss more often. Touch wood never had a cavity.

Airingdirtysocks Mon 20-Apr-20 17:14:32

@Literallyfedup I use a separate toothbrush for one of my wisdom teeth (the other doesn't reach it). grin

QueenofSwearing Wed 22-Apr-20 17:01:08

Buy yourself a waterpik, use that before brushing, and then floss after. If you have that routine I can guarantee you will have zero plaque buildup.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »