Talk

Advanced search

Need help finding gluten free meals

(5 Posts)
Cr20 Sat 18-Apr-20 10:22:49

Hi girls I was wondering if you can help me out.
For a long time I've noticed that my belly is becoming really swollen from wakening up after eating meals and getting worse as the day goes on that I'm bloated to the Max and it's rock solid like.
a girl I know had the same problem and turned out she had a gluten intolerance so I'm going to try free from but my problem is that I need to buy a shop in today and looking on ASDA website before I go in so I know what to get and I'm struggling to put meals together it's so expensive and really hard. Need to bite the bullet and buy free from and track what I'm eating so I have a rough idea this is the problem.

Anyone on here either on a gluten free diet or has a gluten intolerance be able to help me out

Much appreciated thanks

KittenVsBox Sat 18-Apr-20 10:32:37

Go naturally gluten free. Ditch the bread, ditch the pasta. Rice and potatoes are good.
Cook from scratch, so you know what goes in. Watch sausages and breaded products like fish and some ham are out, but most is good. Fruit and veg is good.

insancerre Sat 18-Apr-20 10:43:19

It’s much easier if you cook from scratch and only use substitutes where you absolutely have to
Always check the ingredients on everything as flour is in a lot of things, eg crisps and frozen chips

IllegalFred Sat 18-Apr-20 10:49:38

What sort of meals do you normally prepare? It's fairly easy to make gluten free meals easily and cheaply at home (eating out is another story).

TheMagiciansMewTwo Sat 18-Apr-20 10:54:36

I agree with PPs. Just ditch gluten rather than buying free-from.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »