Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Found a breast lump please advise

(7 Posts)
Princesstandy Fri 14-Sep-07 12:50:15

I have discovered a small, pea like lump in my right breast - this would be the 4th (I think) that I have had - all previous have been benign.
I am reluctant to go running to the surgery and I am considering just waiting until after my period (anytime soon) to reassess the situation.
Is this wise - am I niave to think it's nothing because the others where?
Please advise - I hate all the commotion that goes with this sort of thing and in my experience it's always turned out to be nothing.
The last one, had to be taken 'private' as we were about to go on holiday and didn't want to return to the results.

SpacePuppy Fri 14-Sep-07 12:51:11

go to the doctor!

bookthief Fri 14-Sep-07 12:52:10

Go to the doctor. As you're well aware it's probably fine but just go anyway. Please.

whomovedmychocolate Fri 14-Sep-07 12:53:30

It won't hurt to wait up to a week if you are premenstrual and lumpy normally IMHO but if it's still there then you know you have to go to the docs.

stillsleeping Fri 14-Sep-07 13:03:42

i know how you feel, i was in the same position a few weeks ago. even if your 95% sure it's nothing, please just go and get it checked. then you can forget all about it.

if you're anything like me it'll be at the back of your mind until you do, so why put yourself through that? and if your doctor is like mine, it'll be over in 5-10 mins and then you can get on with your day.

best of luck

Princesstandy Fri 14-Sep-07 13:43:37

Thanks for such prompt response - I have to take a friend to see the nurse at the surgery today anyway so I think I will just mention it.
Do you know if it's not one thing with me its another and if it's not one end it's the other. It's only a year since I had a Grapefruit sized cyst on my overies that cuase such fuss and anxiety - then disappeared as fast as it had arrived.
I trully am a Martre to my bits blush!
Thanks for all the help I will keep you posted.
Please can someone tell me how to spell check on this thing x

Princesstandy Fri 14-Sep-07 22:26:13

I did mention it to the nurse who was seeing my friend today - she suggested that I wait and see if it goes with my period.
Thanks for all the support x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now