Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lump after MMR jab

(10 Posts)
kay1981 Fri 14-Sep-07 10:59:27

MY DS had his mmr jab yesterday and he was fine last night, but this morning has got a big, red, hot lump at the site of injection.

He never had this with any other jabs - should I be worried? (tbh, I already am).

What do you think?

xx

brimfull Fri 14-Sep-07 11:03:31

my ds had huge lump for ages,I didn't ask anyone about it though as it didn't bother him.It was there for ages,I mean weeks.

biglips Fri 14-Sep-07 11:04:48

i remember my dd had a lump for 4 days. It was a red angry looking hard lump. Nothing to worry as DD was her happy self.

chloesmumtoo Fri 14-Sep-07 11:05:11

Yes so did my dd. Really big and hard. I had heard they could get that so didnt worry to much but was not nice. Dont worry, it will go. Hope ds feels better soon smile

MamaG Fri 14-Sep-07 11:06:54

A mate's DS had hte same Kay

(does your surname begin with R by the way? I think I might know you shock)

kay1981 Fri 14-Sep-07 11:09:46

Thanks, just been reading a lot on autism before he had jab - got a bit worked up I think! blush

No MamaG, 'fraid tis not me - i begin with a 'S' (close though!!)

xx

NAB3 Fri 14-Sep-07 11:15:40

Keep an eye on it. Has he got a rash?

kay1981 Fri 14-Sep-07 12:14:10

No NAB3, no rash, though he did only have it yesterday. I am watching a lot more closely than usual.

Why you say "keep an eye on it", what are your thoughts?

xx

kay1981 Fri 14-Sep-07 12:41:26

Ok, so I just spoke to nurse who did jab, and I got it wrong blush.

Lump is on the site of his pneumonia jab that he had at the same time, (left leg, mmr jab on his right), so do feel a bit better now but it just freaked me out a bit cause he never had reaction like that before.

Thanks for helping

xx

NAB3 Fri 14-Sep-07 13:45:00

I am over cautious as the nurse didn't do the jab correctly and my son had cellulitis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now