Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Not new but HELP!!...all tips on stubborn nappy rash gratefully received...

(6 Posts)
Notyummy Thu 13-Sep-07 19:10:27

DD is 14 months old and has occasionally got mild nappy rash in the past. This has always cleared up with sudocream, however over the past fortnight she has developed a very angry and persistent rash. It isn't round her bottom, where she usually gets it, but at the front (round the flaps!!...tmi). We tried sudocream to no avail, and when I was at the docs for something else I mentioned it to her. She didn't look, just siad 'try metanium'...which I have done for a week to no effect.

I guess I am looking for any top tips. Obviously we are keeping her clean and dry as best we can and she is having at least a couple of 30 min 'nappy free' times a day.

Is there any possibility that this is thrush? Has anyones baby had this their genitals as opposed to the mouth, and how are you treating it?

TIA

Twiglett Thu 13-Sep-07 19:11:28

canestan

sounds like thrush to me

thin layer, then cover in vaseline as barrier cream

belgo Thu 13-Sep-07 19:13:40

yes sounds like thrush, my dd had this

Notyummy Thu 13-Sep-07 19:15:41

TY

I thought this might be the case but was poo pooed by the doc (who didn't look...)

Will get some canestan tomorrow.

hotbot Thu 13-Sep-07 19:26:07

if not, burts bee cream is fab for nappy rash, expensive, but lasts a long time and takes the fire out straight away

Notyummy Sun 16-Sep-07 19:06:31

Just to say thanks for the advice. Canestan (or cheap non-brand equivalent!) was duly bought on Friday and applied and as I write the rash has virtually gone.

Now she is pushing up two molars and fighting off the MMR vaccine she had on Friday....but at least the thrush is on the run!

Cheers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now