Talk

Advanced search

Stop-start period

(3 Posts)
susan198130 Mon 13-Apr-20 09:11:12

A few weeks back, my period came on time and it was quite heavy for 2 days and then it just abruptly stopped which is unusual for me, then a few days later, I started spotting and this has now continued for probably around a week now. Just light bleeding. Usually my period is quite heavy for 2 days and then it just tapers off and the bleeding will have completely stopped by day 6.

I'm 38, not on any birth control, not pregnant, had my smear test in March and that came back clear. Has anyone else experienced this?

OP’s posts: |
emmathedilemma Mon 13-Apr-20 09:52:51

My periods starting going crazy - from days of spotting to heavy flooding, lasting about 10 days in every 3 weeks. if it continues over a few months I would get checked out by a GP. They should check for things like early menopause, fibroids or polyps. I have fibroids which were causing mine.

susan198130 Mon 13-Apr-20 09:57:31

Thank you. I went about 18 months ago because of the prolonged spotting before my period, sometimes I can have it for 7 or 8 days, and they did some swabs, blood tests and I had an ultrasound and all came back as normal. I have wondered if it could be early menopause, although my mum didn't go through it until she was 55 and my sister is just going through it now and she's 50.

I think I'll see how it goes. Just a bit of a nightmare to try and get a doctor's appointment right now with everything that's going on.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »