Rash on DD leg and thigh (photos enclosed)

(7 Posts)
Femail Mon 13-Apr-20 00:16:58

Dd has diagnosed psoriasis and on prescribed creams for it but she has 2 rashes which wont go with the cream.i will contact gp on tuesday as these just wont go and causing dd distress. Anyone else have any idea if it psoriasis please

OP’s posts: |
LochJessMonster Mon 13-Apr-20 00:18:30

Could it be heat rash? It’s been unseasonally hot the last few days and that could have irritated her skin?

Femail Mon 13-Apr-20 00:36:00

It's been there for a good few weeks now and been treating it daily but just wont budge. I was thinking a heat rash but it seems to be spreading. She has psoriasis on her elbows as well.

OP’s posts: |
RomaineCalm Mon 13-Apr-20 00:45:09

I'm not a medical professional but DC gets patches of eczema that look very similar. It clears with a combination of Diprobase cream and a steroid cream from the GP. Seems to come and go and not often any obvious reason for it.

DangerMouse17 Mon 13-Apr-20 00:49:46

Looks like urticaria, particularly the one on her thigh. Can start due to heat, so try to keep her cool and dont put any heavy creams on her as they trap more heat. If you have some antihistamines/portion syrup that will help.

DangerMouse17 Mon 13-Apr-20 00:50:18

Piriton, not portion!

Pieceofpurplesky Mon 13-Apr-20 00:57:14

Is she allergic to the psoriasis medication? For what it's worth I have psoriasis and am covered in an itchy rash at the moment - plus small psoriasis appearing everywhere. I put the rash down to hay fever.
Look up guttate psoriasis

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in