Talk

Advanced search

Tingles in upper back

(8 Posts)
welshgirl20 Sun 12-Apr-20 16:01:26

Hey all!
So I know I should be going to the GP regarding this but until the current world situation becomes better I don’t want to waste their time.
I have a 6 month old baby and since around her 4 month birthday I’ve been having tingles up and down both shoulder blades. Nothing goes further than the “bra strap” line.
No pain whatsoever & only happens when I’m washing dishes/ making food etc. Seems to be when arms are outstretched.
When looking online (I know I shouldn’t) terrifying results come back such as MS etc.
Wondering if anyone has experienced this kind of thing?
It’s just bizarre!
Thank you in advance all

YouAreTheEggManIAmTheWalrus Mon 13-Apr-20 09:08:34

I have recently had an MRI due to severe pins and needles sensation all down my back 24/7 and it turns out I have 3 slipped discs, 2 in lower neck/upper back vertebrae pressing on nerves. It started years ago on and off with tingles like you mention.

Might be worth going to a chiropractor and seeing if you can get an adjustment? Continually lifting your baby may have triggered something. Then again it may not be that but just made me think it could be when you said it happens when your arms are outstretched.

PandemicManiac Mon 13-Apr-20 11:04:38

This is exactly how my fibromyalgia started

PumpkinPie2016 Mon 13-Apr-20 11:08:45

It could be strain from pregnancy or lifting your baby. I had awful lower back pain after my son was born and it turned out to be malalignment of the pelvis which the physio fixed in one session.

Might be hard at the moment but see if you can see a physio, if you can afford it, maybe try a private physio. They generally charge about £35 for a session.

welshgirl20 Mon 13-Apr-20 11:13:37

Thank you! Can I ask, were you in pain with these pins and needles? I have NO pain.
Thanks so much for replying I will deffo go and see someone when places open back up smile

YouAreTheEggManIAmTheWalrus Mon 13-Apr-20 14:40:06

I’ve had no pain at the location of the discs but have had really bad pain referred down my arm from the nerves.

Khione Mon 13-Apr-20 15:13:02

I get a tingling, like mild pins and needles, not painful just slight tingling when my vitamin B12 is low, it's worse when I am also anaemic through iron deficiency.

StormBaby Mon 13-Apr-20 15:15:10

My back tingles and itches and is numb every day. I have arthritis in my spine and some bulging discs, which have trapped a nerve somewhere.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »