Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

When in cycle do you get mirena fitted?

(8 Posts)
octoandflash Thu 13-Sep-07 10:38:40

Have an appointment for monday - 5 days into cycle - is that okay?

Thanks

deepbreath Thu 13-Sep-07 11:03:51

I think they like to fit them towards the end of your period (so they know that you aren't pregnant), so this should be OK.

HTH

octoandflash Thu 13-Sep-07 11:04:55

Thanks smile

BellaLasagne Fri 14-Sep-07 12:07:53

No, it's within the first 7 days so your endometrium is at it's thinnest and you're unlikely to be PG (as the majority don't ovulate until later in the cycle).

BellaLasagne Fri 14-Sep-07 12:09:16

Would you do me a favour and post back on here what it was like to get it fitted?

I've posted on other threads on how I'm too scared to go for it so would appreciate your thoughts.

Hope it goes well smile

octoandflash Fri 14-Sep-07 15:04:44

I've realised that it is 12 days not five days as a week monday - so that won't work - they only do it on mondays too!

Also dh said that he'd quite like no 4 shock so in a bit of a quandry!

Tottie32 Fri 14-Sep-07 15:11:48

i am not sure about the date thing but i can tell you that it is nothuin g tio worry about i have had mine for 2 years now, and it was compleatly painless to have fitted, best to try and relax the best you can

Neverenoughhandbags Fri 14-Sep-07 15:29:31

Hi Octoandflash, Mirena coil best fitted during your period so you are unlikely to be pregnant but also because the cervix is likely to dilate more easily to allow the sound and the Mirena to be passed.
If you are not sure about a pregnancy imminently, probably not the best solution but as it is completely and immediately reversible on removal you could have it fitted and then removed when you want to conceive.
You can fit any coil any time if you are replacing it old for new.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now