Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I hate people who don't cover their mouths when they cough

(24 Posts)
KerryMum Thu 13-Sep-07 10:27:33

And their noses when they sneeze.

I am SO SICK! And I rarely get sick.

My chest feels like LEAD, aches, chills....

Desperate.

And I'm not talking children. I'm talking grown men and women walking around hacking everywhere without covering their mouths. I honestly don't think I see ANYONE in this town doing so!

urgh!

Sheherazadethegoat Thu 13-Sep-07 10:32:34

sympathy! and bumping this for expat who love folk coughing and snivelling on public transport.

KerryMum Thu 13-Sep-07 10:33:52

ah now expat is my friend but I'd have to kill her if she did that around me!

I'm so freakin sick. But can't even crawl into bed as have to collect ds2 at 12. sad

expatinscotland Thu 13-Sep-07 10:34:22

Oh, yes, my fav types! Sneezing, coughing and even spitting.

They're the same types who use public loos and don't wash hands or splash water on their hands.

Vile.

Or go to work complaining about how ill they are and sneezing, coughing on everyone there.

Bastards.

KerryMum Thu 13-Sep-07 10:35:35

Yes, then there are the combinations, great hacking cough and then spitting

right next to you or on top of your kid's heads, of course.

Sheherazadethegoat Thu 13-Sep-07 10:38:43

i know you would not resist the lure of this thread expat.

expatinscotland Thu 13-Sep-07 10:41:21

And then there are the smelly ones.

Soap is cheap, people.

KerryMum Thu 13-Sep-07 10:42:38

expat - do you have to take a lot of public transport?

I remember the MUNI in San Francisco. shock

expatinscotland Thu 13-Sep-07 10:44:55

I used to, Kerry. Now I'd rather walk. I do use it when the weather's particularly inclement.

But soon we'll be out in the stick where we have to drive everywhere. Aw, bummer, I'm so saddened by that .

No more old codgers using their walking sticks like truncheons to force their way up the queue, people trying to lop over into my seat and squishing me, stinking, coughing and sneezing all over everyone, pervs, drunks, neds, etc.

Our downstairs neighbour is a bus driver. He says the day crowds are actually worse behaved than the night ones.

KerryMum Thu 13-Sep-07 10:48:48

I used to have to take MUNI from California Street in Nob Hill. I would literally get mowed down and battered by the Chinese people waiting to get on the bus. Literally. It was like going to war every morning. Because the buses would be FULL and one after the other would fly past FULL so when one did stop it was

STAMPEDE!!!!

KerryMum Thu 13-Sep-07 11:10:10

I am SO SICK!

much sympathy is appreciated.

I just want to crawl into bed but can't.

I am so pathetic.... sad

VladimireIlychUlyanovPan Thu 13-Sep-07 11:19:12

oooooh...do you hate them?? Or just get very annoyed with them when they are thoughtless like this??

KerryMum Thu 13-Sep-07 11:21:06

Be nice to me Pan.

I'm terribly pathetic when sick...

sad

VladimireIlychUlyanovPan Thu 13-Sep-07 11:22:45

Sorry...there,there....<<coo-ing>>...[prob. manflu emocion]!!

KerryMum Thu 13-Sep-07 17:36:02

I THINK I'M GOING TO DIE!

I can't remember ever feeling this sick. And on my own! sad Staying up till kids eat and then wash and bed (early)

I can't even talk. Everything aches and having trouble breathing. Not going to doctor if I can help it. Worse in the morning I'll go in.

Will someone please feed my kids?

please?

weebleswobble Thu 13-Sep-07 17:45:38

Sending lots of sympathy before I remember what I do for a living

I hate it too! Get it all day at work so the bloody malingerers patients can prove they need an appointment hmm

BananaPudding Thu 13-Sep-07 17:46:09

Aw Kerrymum, I am sorry you are so ill. It is really horrible. I am terribly pathetic when sick as well. If I wasn't in the wrong country I would certainly come feed your kids and put them to bed for you!

As to your question, I HATE it when people do not cover a cough or sneeze. The worst, absolute worst, was when I commuted by bus. In the winter everyone would be coughing, and there were times when my hair actually ruffled in the breeze from the force of the coughing behind me. Made me want to vomit, smack their face off and then vomit again.

KerryMum Thu 13-Sep-07 17:50:55

Poor weebles - are you a GP? The Admin in my GP's said she rarely gets sick because she's just been exposed to so many germs!

My kids will survive one night on chips and fresh yellow and red peppers won't they? They have so many allergies I can't give them ready-meals or tinned thingies.

KerryMum Thu 13-Sep-07 17:51:34

smile @ banana. Just waiting for them to eat so I can get them into bed and crawl in myself.

weebleswobble Thu 13-Sep-07 17:52:38

No Kerry, but nearly...I'm a Receptionist grin

I'm sending virtual chicken from the rotisserie, roast pots and brocolli.

LadyVictoriaOfCake Thu 13-Sep-07 17:55:08

maybe you should invest in something like these

acyually i need to bulk buy some. any idea where?

KerryMum Thu 13-Sep-07 17:56:49

LOL!

I remember the SARS terror and everyone stockpiling on these. I asked the chemist if she had any but never got around to ordering any. Just as well....

You actually probably need those though misdee, I'd say any chemist can get them in.

KerryMum Thu 13-Sep-07 17:57:34

weebles - that even sounds good to me and I've been a vegetarian for almost 25 years! The kids could eat that as well as long as no dairy on it.

KerryMum Fri 14-Sep-07 13:04:43

I don't even have the energy to get to the doctor. Up all night BURNING BURNING BURNING Up. I was having dreams where I was literally on fire, hallucinating, the lot. A part of my mind kept saying to call doctor but I was so OUT of it.

Fever broke in the early hours but when I got up to get boys to school I promptly passed out on top of stairs. ds1 was in a panic! Couldn't even take them to school today. Up now to feed them. I just want to be in bed.

I can't remember the last time I felt so miserable! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now