Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Partial Molar Pregnancy & Life Assurance Denied - advice please!

(3 Posts)
Ineedsomesleep Wed 12-Sep-07 18:13:57

Hoping someone out there can help. I was diagnosed with a partial molar pregnancy in January 2006. In August 2006 we moved house and when I applied for life assurance to cover me for the new mortgage it was denied as I had not been given the all clear yet by the trophoblastic centre in Sheffield.

I've recently given birth to a lovely little DD and should start being monitored again this week.

Has anyone else been refused life assurance because of a partial molar and if so can you let me know what happened.

Or has anyone else had a partial molar then a successful pregnancy before being given the all clear. How long did it take afterwards to be cleared?

Know that not many people will have experience of this but hoping some MN's can help!

Blandmum Wed 12-Sep-07 18:18:20

I can't give you any specific info on malar PG and insurance, but, dh had testicular cancer, and after a while it was effectivly 'written off' in insurance terms, it was no longer an issue.

You might want to try the Cancer Bacup website, and I'm sure they have information on insurance issues after treatment for cancer

HTH

frogs Wed 12-Sep-07 18:34:32

I had a partial molar pregnancy in 1998, and have had two pgs since then.

Have had no problem with life insurance -- I confess I hadn't even thought about it in that context. I presume the info from the GP must have told the insurance company all they needed to know.

I should make an appt to discuss with your GP -- they fill in these forms all the time, so should know what is likely to cause a problem. Or discuss with Sheffield -- again, they must get asked this all the time.

And bear in mind not all insurance companies will apply the same criteria, so another insurer may be fine with it. But probably worth waiting until the post-birth monitoring is complete.

hth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now