Talk

Advanced search

What is causing my daughters rash?!

(2 Posts)
Bridget1997 Sun 05-Apr-20 11:21:01

Hi,

My 4 month old baby girl has developed a pretty nasty rash on her chest, neck, chin and belly. She got a bit of eczema on her chin about a month ago but it wasn’t that bad, she then got what I think was a cold just over 2 weeks ago and got what I thought was a viral rash on her chest and belly, however, since then it’s all just sort of spiraled. The rash she has now is almost like the eczema and viral rash have merged, it’s bright red, dry, covered in little bumpy blisters and red pinprick dots on her stomach. It’s awful bless her. She’s EB so I’ve taken out all cows milk protein from my diet and soya in case it’s that (though I tried this a few weeks back for the eczema and it didn’t seem to do much, though her rash has got worse since I started eating it again). With the corona epidemic we haven’t been able to see a doctor, just a video call which obviously the doctor can’t see/feel the full extent of the rash, he prescribed cetraben, corticosteroid cream and antihistamine, I’m just hesitant to put the corticosteroid cream on it because it’s so inflamed? And the antihistamines haven’t helped. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this sort of thing? I’m so scared it’s just going to keep getting worse.
Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
NaviSprite Sun 05-Apr-20 11:40:04

www.nhs.uk/conditions/rashes-babies-and-children/

This might provide useful information OP. Sorry I can’t offer more as skin conditions with babies can vary. For instance, my DD used to come up in a horrible rash that looked like she was stung by nettles all down her chest and back, it didn’t seem to bother her too much but was awful to look at. I changed wash powder and softener brands and it cleared up. No medical intervention needed (though I did consult my HV at the time) but it was scary.

If you’re concerned about the cream possibly making it worse, possibly try some on a small area first to see if there’s any adverse reaction?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »