Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

This may sound silly but....

(6 Posts)
snowboo Wed 12-Sep-07 09:27:25

Can you drive after having a few teeth out?? Am having to finally bite the bullet and go to my dentist today to have a few pulled but it is quite a long way from where i live. Will have my baby with me so want to be careful.
And am i silly for being so scared?

Any advice kindly received...
TIA x

Nip Wed 12-Sep-07 09:29:48

not sure but bumping for you. ow ow ow ow grin

MaureenMLove Wed 12-Sep-07 09:33:17

I would imagine you'd be ok on the way, but how are you with the dentist? If you have to have injections and possibly teeth out, they might want to give you something to make you dozey. Can you get someone to go with you, just in case? They could watch baby for you too, which might help.

throckenholt Wed 12-Sep-07 09:34:48

I did - I had one wisdom tooth out - and basically just had a numb mouth.

If you have had any kind of sedative that would be different.

Hulababy Wed 12-Sep-07 09:35:42

"The numbing medication generally wears off within an hour of the procedure and as the procedures that use local numbing medication are usually minor operations a person may be able to go home soon after. If sedatives were used during the operation it is important that the patient be helped home as can impair coordination and reflexes for several hours. Driving home after local anesthesia with sedatives is definitely not recommended."

Unless you have sedatives or a GA as well you should be fine to drive.

snowboo Wed 12-Sep-07 09:38:07

Thanks very much. Don't think i'll be having sedatives but depends if i can control the urge to run when i get there lol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now