Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DP has been getting lots of headaches and now keeps having nosebleeds.....

(8 Posts)
zephyrcat Wed 12-Sep-07 08:56:30

He is very stressed just now and over the last couple of weeks has ben getting constant headaches. Yesterday afternoon he got a headache and then had a big nosebleed. This morning he's had 2 more nosebleeds and still got the headache.

He says it used to happen all the time, years ago and that it'll pass. I want to get him an appointment with the doc today... should I just go ahead and make him one?

tissy Wed 12-Sep-07 08:57:22

yes,

he could have high blood pressure

zephyrcat Wed 12-Sep-07 09:03:45

Is it a common thing to have nosebleeds with headaches? I asked him if he'd prefer me to take the kids to school and I got "It's only a headache, I'm not going to die" I'm thinking it's obviously more than 'just' a headache.....

WaynettaVonSlob Wed 12-Sep-07 09:08:28

I'd probably try to take my DH to the doc if it was me, but he'd probably respond the same way as your DH!!

curiouscat Wed 12-Sep-07 09:17:10

I'd get him to go to doc. My MIL was diagnosed with high blood pressure following an uncontrollable nosebleed. If he's stressed out all the more reason to get a check up. Good luck.

zephyrcat Wed 12-Sep-07 09:38:40

I've booked him in so will see what he says when he gets back! Thanks for the reassurance that he needs to go though

expatinscotland Wed 12-Sep-07 09:41:19

Another guess that it might be hypertension.

WaynettaVonSlob Fri 14-Sep-07 15:36:36

Zephyr, how did it go?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now