Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone else ever heard of or been diagnosed with subcorneal pustule dermatosis?

(3 Posts)
Geekster1963 Thu 02-Apr-20 19:46:39

For years I’ve always thought and been told I had eczema on my hands and it always blistered. I got referred to see a dermatologist last year and went for patch tests in February. On the last day I saw the dermatologist and had quite obvious blisters at the time so they decided to biopsy one and did it that day.

I’ve just had my results back and I’ve been diagnosed with subcorneal pustule dermatosis. I’ve been googling it, just wondered if anyone else has heard of it or been diagnosed with it?

They have said they will give me an appointment on discuss treatment but obviously it won’t be for a while.

OP’s posts: |
TripleSeptic Thu 02-Apr-20 20:05:24

Me, I had it after giving birth until about 18m ago when we moved house. I tried so many steroids and creams in 3 years. Sometimes I didn't want to go out. It was primarily on my right hand, I had to learn to write differently to avoid bleeding on the page. Horrible. It disappeared as quickly as it started, although started to flare up last week out of the blue. I'm using cetraben at present.

Geekster1963 Thu 02-Apr-20 20:12:23

Yes mine has flared up on and off for years. I had a particularly bad year last year, it’s settled down a bit now but I still keep getting blisters.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »