Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mid cycle breast pain

(13 Posts)
BobbyGrantycal Wed 12-Sep-07 07:16:21

Had it for the last few cycles accompanied by odd periods that are different to normal. I feel like I have two sore balloons attached to my body. I am definitely not pregnant as that was my first thought.

aNY IDEAS

BobbyGrantycal Wed 12-Sep-07 07:47:14

Just bumping this up to stop it dropping off active convs.

I thought I had mastitis last month and got anti-biotics, but stupidly, did not finish the course......

I ought to go back really

BobbyGrantycal Wed 12-Sep-07 10:29:08

last bump

bananaknickers Wed 12-Sep-07 10:30:39

Mi cylcle ? It could just be ovalation and hormone changes. How old are you Bobby?

BobbyGrantycal Wed 12-Sep-07 10:59:59

BobbyGrantycal Wed 12-Sep-07 11:50:28

Right
I have just looked back at a thread I started under a different name in mid-July too with similar symptoms.

So this is 3 months in a row, mid cycle. I have made an appointment with the doctor for Friday.

BobbyGrantycal Wed 12-Sep-07 11:54:06

sorry I know I am talking to myself, but I feel like I do when i first get pregnant

BobbyGrantycal Wed 12-Sep-07 20:04:09

BAck again.
Am I crazy for starting to think that I meant be heading for the menopause?

For the last three months, I have had these symptoms mid cycle. CYcle is getting longer, periods are getting lighter and different. I feel how I usually feel in the first month of pregnancy. But I am not pregnant.

bananaknickers Thu 13-Sep-07 12:47:22

Hi Bobby didn't notice you had posted again as not on since. How did you get on at the doctors?

BobbyGrantycal Thu 13-Sep-07 16:24:43

it;s tomorrow -thanks fr aasking though
i also have a dull headache at the sAme time and and shattered

BobbyGrantycal Fri 14-Sep-07 10:42:04

Been to doc. Did full breast examination just to be sure. No lumps. Said that with the tenderness being both sides and all over that it is likely to be hormonal especially since it is the same time each month. Got to take evening primrose oil for 2 months then go back and do self examination after periods.

BobbyGrantycal Fri 14-Sep-07 10:49:07

bugger just read that if you breast feed you should avoid it

wonder if that is just a usual 'take no medication when breastfeeding' thing or somethingf else

chinwag Fri 14-Sep-07 20:34:23

Glad all seems ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now