Talk

Advanced search

Sprained ankle

(4 Posts)
Applejack87 Mon 30-Mar-20 17:11:28

Hi , three weeks ago I twisted my ankle quite severely and it swelled with bruising I didn’t go to A&E as the nhs are swamped with Covid19 at the moment . I ice packed it & kept it elevated when I could , the ankle bone is still tender but the swelling has subsidised thank goodness , however since the incident both my knees are killing me and painful to bend , I am of menopausal age I’m not sure if it’s that or that I’m putting trauma on my knees because of my ankle
Has anyone done this ?

OP’s posts: |
emmathedilemma Mon 30-Mar-20 17:34:13

I’ve sprained my ankles more times than I can count! It’ll be tendon or ligament damage that’s still sore and your knees are probably aching from walking differently, or even having turned them at the same time.

LIZS Mon 30-Mar-20 17:39:41

If you have been walking differently with the injury you may have used different muscles and stressed joints to compensate.

Applejack87 Mon 30-Mar-20 17:47:21

I’m feeling like an old woman at the moment I’ve never had pains in my knees before they’re so stiff in the morning

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »