Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pre-menstrual headaches - anything I can try?

(4 Posts)
Jacanne Tue 11-Sep-07 17:25:45

Since my periods came back 18 months after dd2 was born they have been preceded by quite severe headaches that last a couple of days. Nothing, at least nothing I can take while BF, seems to shift them. Can anyone suggest something that will help, even supplements of anykind?

Thanks

Jacanne Tue 11-Sep-07 19:26:34

I'm bumping this in the hope that someone has a magic cure - so that I don't have to MN in sunglasses because my head hurts so much grin

RitchieHill Tue 11-Sep-07 21:07:50

Well, I've posted this kind of reply to migraine sufferers before, but I've had terrible, stonking headaches sporadically ever since ds2. The only truly effective solution has been finding an osteopath. I am now convinced most severe headaches are musculo skeletal - maybe your neck/back muscles contract just as you are pre-menstrual. Anyway, my headaches are now much less frequent and much less severe. If you have private health insurance of any kind, you should be able to claim part or all of your osteopath fees back. Seriously, these guys/gals are great for all over health and I now couldn't do without mine! If you can, give it a go! Good luck.

Pitchounette Tue 11-Sep-07 21:09:50

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now