Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this cystitis - been 2 weeks +

(4 Posts)
tracyk Tue 11-Sep-07 13:16:01

dh and I had quite long sex (well compared to usual) and the next day it was really agony when I pee'd. I drank loads of water with bicarb and it subsided over the next couple of days.
After 3 or 4 days it was fine during the day but during the nights I had to get up once as it was very irritated feeling where the pee comes out of. When I did pee - it was slightly nippy - but not agony.
It's been like this ever since. sometimes ok in the day and nippy at night - or sometimes nippy all day and night.
But only a little nippy and no other symptoms.

chloesmumtoo Tue 11-Sep-07 14:31:18

Not sure, I know when I had it once I had very bad pains very low down on each side of my tummy. But what I did want to warn you is I was doing the water and bicarb thing and my doctor said that was pointlesss and gave me antibiotics. Just thought I would tell you that as I remember doing it and it was totally gross. Pop to your doctors is probably best, or check out at the chemists incase they do anything over the counter to try

chloesmumtoo Tue 11-Sep-07 14:32:48

It more than likely is, I do remember hurting badly when I urinated. very common. Hope you feel better soon smile

goingfor3 Tue 11-Sep-07 14:34:20

It sounds like it could be and sometimes when I have it it comes and goes as you describe. The best way to get rid of it is antibiotics well for me anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now