Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

The tonsils are gone!

(3 Posts)
paws4thought Tue 11-Sep-07 12:51:47

Hi just want to say that my daughter had her tonsils out in June (she was 23 months) and its the best thing that could have been done. I have how a different lttle girl who is now eating, sleeping and thriving. If anyone else has a small child that suffers from this problem then don't give up in you r quest ot have then removed. Insist that they are taken out if you can as it really has changed her life. Luckily I didn't have to insist as an ambulance brought her to A&E after she had breathing problems due to the large tonsils so they insisted that the tonsils come out but none the less - I'm pleased they did and that at last they realised just how ill she was - shame it took her to get that bad before anyone did anything though.

x

suedonim Tue 11-Sep-07 16:49:29

My great-niece had her tonsils out before she was 3 yrs old and as with you, it transformed her, and her family's, life. Great result! smile

Dad12 Wed 12-Sep-07 11:13:01

Hi Paws4thought, fantastic your daughter is so much better. My little boy(2.6)is having these breathing problems too due to enourmous tonsils and big addenoids. We have the option of him having the tonsils, adenoids,grommits operation but are very concerned about how it will be for him, pain and so on after. How were things for your little one after?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now