Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Penis fear

(6 Posts)
katyamum Mon 10-Sep-07 18:48:00

My ds is 14 months and in last 2 days has developed morta; fear of his penis! I wondered if he had hurt himself the first time he screamed when he saw it, but as this has happened at every bathtime since then, and also once when I let him go nappy-free, I now recognise that he is definitely frightened. My 5 year old dd has offered to make him a willy cover and my 3 year old ds has been waving his bits in his face to be positive, but has anyone experienced this?

daisyandbabybootoo Mon 10-Sep-07 18:53:43

no experience, but i would discourage your three year old....it's probably not helping.

The poor wee thing. I hope it's probably just a phase and he'll be grabbing it at every opportunity before you knwo it.

Maybe discuss with your HV?

wildwoman Mon 10-Sep-07 18:55:06

Bless your 3 yr old waving his bits in support!

wildwoman Mon 10-Sep-07 18:56:13

Could it be that he's just figuredout where the pee comes from? Some children get freaked out when they see themselves "leaking"

chipkid Mon 10-Sep-07 18:57:11

loved the idea of a cover-what a kind sister.Poor little mite I am sure he will grow to love it as all men do

katyamum Mon 10-Sep-07 19:16:32

thanks for the messages. Hubby is paediatrician and has never heard of it before. He didn't pee anywhere so I don't think it's that. Anyway, you're right. He will grow to love it one day.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: