Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

I tried not eating for 7 days after that thread about starving...

(12 Posts)
newlifenewname Sun 09-Sep-07 18:44:48

I drank coffee and water during this time and I felt ruddy awful after 5 days but have lost about 7lbs. I look a lot better I have to say but for those interested in just how sh*t it makes you feel I can confirm that is is horrible.

How do I get my appetite back?

DumbledoresGirl Sun 09-Sep-07 18:47:50

Eat small amounts and often. You need to gradually stretch your stomach open again.

(Would it be awful of me to say you are a fool? Kindly meant.)

newlifenewname Sun 09-Sep-07 18:52:31

I know I am a fool. Have taken your comment kindly but I was quite stressed and this is what I do when stressed but haven't been this extreme since I was in my teens. I could seriously give up eating altogether right at this point in time but the meal out I had to do and also the dizziness kind of made me eat.

I just don't want to pile on pounds now as my metabolism will have crashed.

kitsandbits Sun 09-Sep-07 18:53:53

In all likelyhood you will put it back on and more when you start to eat again.

Can i suggest a proper healthy diet and regular exercise instead?

DumbledoresGirl Sun 09-Sep-07 18:57:23

How do you mean "I could seriously give up eating altogether right at this point in time" ? That sounds desperate. If you are the lady in the pictures in your profile, you are not that overweight (if you are overweight at all - can't really see the tummy area!) Have you had food issues before?

newlifenewname Sun 09-Sep-07 19:02:08

I have been eating healthily and not excessively to no avail, I just can't exercise enough to burn of the pregnancy fat of the last 7 years. I can keep my weight stable but not burn enough if I eat normally and my 'normal' is pretty minimal.

I stopped eating in my teens until my mum marched me to the GP. Thta went on for months though until I was around 6 stone, this isn't that as I'm far more self aware. However, I do use food as a control thing.

I don't think this post was a cry for help, but maybe it was. I dunno. I am sort of enjoying feeling starving.

newlifenewname Sun 09-Sep-07 19:03:59

I'm thinner than those pics as I have since seriously tried losing some weight, after seeking advice here. I did what mners suggested and it worked up to a point but then I just got a bit more drastic.

DumbledoresGirl Sun 09-Sep-07 19:11:36

It is hard to see yourself as others do. I have had a tiny weight issue lately - seem to have started middle aged spread in the last few months - suddenly have spare tyres round my middle and sometimes can't fit into clothes. I had put on about 7 pounds but the fat seemed more than could be accounted for by the 7 pounds iyswim.

So I started eating less and lost about 5 pounds. Think I might have put all that on again now though sad

The my mother came to see me the other day. I was wearing a skimpy dress and when I put it on in the morning I was thinking I was too fat that day to wear it. But almost the moment my mother saw me, she started on at me about being too skinny and was I bordering on anorexia? shock So you see, someone who knows me very well sees my weight in a completely different light to me.

Would it be possible for you to get the opinion of your mother or your partner? What do they think about your shape?

Do you know your weight? Height? BMI? Sometimes seeing things on official charts gives you an outsider's perspective. I really don't think starving yourself is the right thing to do, even if you do want to lose weight.

DumbledoresGirl Sun 09-Sep-07 19:49:51

God sorry for being so censorious. blush I didn't mean it in any but a kindly, concerned way.

newlifenewname Sun 09-Sep-07 19:55:50

DDG it is fine. It may be that I need some sterness anyway - not that i think you were!

I will reply but am thinking on what you said!

DumbledoresGirl Mon 10-Sep-07 12:41:22

Hope you are feeling OK today newlifenewname, and have eaten something for breakfast and lunch! wink

hellobello Mon 10-Sep-07 18:58:30

If you were to have a major operation which involved losing a part of your body, which would you rather: Not have to need the operation, or be a bit thinner? It puts things in perspective. Eat, gal, eat!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: