Talk

Advanced search

Is it normal to be bloated all the time?

(4 Posts)
Natuk Fri 20-Mar-20 08:27:37

Could be gastritis? I was bloated upper abdomen, so uncomfortable and couldn’t eat as much. I had been on lansoprazole for the last couple of months, which it’s help a lot. I came off because of the side effects diarrhoea. Seem to settle down now. Go to see your GP and Good luck!

haverhill Thu 19-Mar-20 14:46:06

No. I suffer from bloating and it's much worse when I eat loads of wheat-based foods. Do go to your GP obviously, but you might find that cutting down on gluten helps.

AuntieStella Thu 19-Mar-20 14:43:16

No, this is not normal, and these are symptoms which need to reviewed by a GP as soon as you can get an appointment., assuming these symptoms have lasted over 3 weeks.

There are many relatively mild or treatable causes, but you may need to have bowel and ovarian cancers tested for on the 2 week rule

PokesIris Wed 18-Mar-20 23:00:03

I feel like I have somewhat of a healthy diet but no matter what I eat even if it’s healthy things(and I try to avoid foods that would Bloat me up) and I still get bloated, it’s beginning to be annoying and I always feel and look so swelled up everywhere, there would be days that I’m not but most of the time it’s constantly.
I also have changes in bowel movements all the time

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in