Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Periods all haywire - currently on day 19

(7 Posts)
WigWamBam Sat 08-Sep-07 18:47:49

And showing no signs of stopping.

Prior to having dd they were very infrequent (as in once or twice a year) but since they came back after having her they have been as regular as clockwork every 28 days.

Over the past six months though they have been really strange - lasting for a couple of weeks at a time, and with a cycle ranging between 18 and 45 days. This one is the longest yet, and I'm getting a bit peed off with it now!

Any experience or suggestions? Will be seeing the GP but can't get in for a week or two.

TigerFeet Sat 08-Sep-07 18:53:12

Haven't a clue WWB sorry, but bumping for you

WigWamBam Sat 08-Sep-07 19:06:09

Thanks for the bump smile (Are you going to come back and finish that game of Scrabble, by the way?)

WigWamBam Sat 08-Sep-07 19:49:47

WigWamBam Sun 09-Sep-07 19:35:11

Anyone? Please?

It's 20 days now and I am heartily fed up with it!

sleepfinder Sun 09-Sep-07 19:48:16

Could you be anemic?

Or could you have polysistic ovaries (not to scare you, just heard that this is sometimes a symptom of those)

or could you possibly be having a "missed miscarriage"?

Why not see your GP for reassurance...

WigWamBam Sun 09-Sep-07 19:54:02

Thanks for your reply. I'm going to see the GP but I can't get in for a couple of weeks. I just wondered if anyone else could shed any light on possible causes!

Given that I'm overweight and hairy, PCOS is a possibility. I don't think I'm anaemic ... or at least I wasn't, until I started bleeding for England wink

Definitely not a miscarriage.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: