Talk

Advanced search

Pain in chest

(6 Posts)
SMJYellow Sun 15-Mar-20 17:42:23

I have a busy, hectic lifestyle. My stars a few weeks ago read: do you ever feel like an elastic band that's being pulled tighter in every direction, and I can answer yes to that. There's always somebody after me and on my back.

My meals are generally rushed and sometimes food/tea goes down the wrong way causing a coughing fit.

Last weekend I was making a vegetable soup. I was stressed and tired and my mother was on my back. I blended my soup for what felt like for ages but it wasn't blending well for me. I eventually left the soup chunky. I was eating a bowl of soup, and I felt a piece of food get stuck. Like a piece of vegetable, get stuck. I don't know if it went down the wrong way. I didn't do any major coughing so I presume it didn't go down the wrong way.

Since then, I've had a slight pain or a tightness feeling in my chest area.

Is this anything I should be worried about? My tummy/chest is making a lot of noises lately and another thread hinted at acid reflux/gerd to me. I wouldn't mind going to my gp but with the health crisis going on, I definitely don't want to go near a hospital or be referred by my gp to a hospital.

I'm also due my period and sometimes I do get breast tenderness with that, so maybe it's that and I'm also super stressed too.

In preparation for Coronavirus, I have my own finger oxygen/pulse reader and the figures seem to be ok. The blood oxygen is 97/98/99. Sometimes it drops to 96/95 but then it doesn't stay low and it comes up again.

OP’s posts: |
SMJYellow Mon 16-Mar-20 11:26:25

It's not so much a pain actually. It's more of a heavy feeling in my chest area, located more so towards the middle left.

I definitely have digestion issues - undiagnosed - from rushing meals all the time. I'm on the go a few minutes after eating instead of sittt down and allowing my body to digest food.

I'm hoping it's digestion issues causing this and nothing else.

I don't have a cough and there's no fever.

Borntobeamum Mon 16-Mar-20 11:49:11

I’d call NHS direct 111 and let the make a decision x

SMJYellow Wed 18-Mar-20 16:37:50

I didn't make any phone call yet to my gp or the Irish equivalent of the NHS (I'm in Ireland).

I feel ok now aside from a little bit of breast pain on the left side.

SMJYellow Wed 18-Mar-20 16:41:55

I meant to say, I sometimes get a little bit of breast pain before and during my period. O don't know if this pain is monthly related or connected to the incident of rushing a meal last week. My period is a week late but I'm not worried about that. It's probably, more than likely due to stress.

Grumpbum123 Wed 18-Mar-20 16:51:41

How is a bunch of randoms on a website meant to know? If concerned seek proper medical advice

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »