Talk

Advanced search

Feeling like I have a temperature but I haven’t

(6 Posts)
justaminutedarling Fri 13-Mar-20 10:21:06

Turning to Mumsnet as I’m baffled and wonder if anyone else has had the same symptoms I’m getting. For the past week I’ve had a horrible taste in my mouth and feel how you do when you have a fever - but I don’t have a fever! I mentioned it to my GP a few days ago as I was there for something else and all she said was “that’s strange”
🤷🏼‍♀️ It doesn’t seem worth going back because it’s too minor to waste a GP’s time but it’s really horrible feeling like this - I’m fine with being ill if I can give it a name so this is starting to bug me now... plus I keep eating to try to get rid of the taste - if only for a little respite from it - I’m getting fat! Has anyone had a similar thing? 🥺

OP’s posts: |
Candelabra75 Fri 13-Mar-20 14:52:08

You can get these symptoms from anaemia. Also could be perimenopause or hormonal changes after having children/breastfeeding/miscarriage. I have experienced shivery feeling, aches and tiredness due to hormonal changes. Could any of these be possible?

Purplewithred Fri 13-Mar-20 14:57:40

everything tasted horrible when I was newly pregnant.

Tootletum Fri 13-Mar-20 15:01:40

I had that a few weeks back and when I checked with the super accurate digital ear thermometer it was 35, even weirder!

justaminutedarling Fri 13-Mar-20 15:58:58

Thank you for your replies - glad I’m not the only one who’s had this weirdness 😊 I had a hysterectomy a year ago and went straight in to menopause but it would seem odd to get new side effects from that this far down the line 🤷🏼‍♀️

OP’s posts: |
okiedokieme Fri 13-Mar-20 16:01:08

I'm like this, I'm peri menopausal. Makes checking for fevers impossible as I feel hot most of the time (rest of household aren't happy with me setting the heating at 16degrees c

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »