Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sleep clinic - has your LO had an overnight sleep study carried out in hospital?

(4 Posts)
popsycal Fri 07-Sep-07 21:45:21

DS2 is finally having a sleep study done in 2 weeks time after two and a half long years of constant waking and 9 months of adenoid problems/pain and suspected sleep apnoea.

Just wondering what to expect.
TIA

sarahhal Fri 07-Sep-07 21:53:35

No experience but will be watching this thread as DS has nocturnal epileptic seizures ( only very slight) plus is on a waiting list for his adenoids out. Am also interested in sleep apnoea as that's something I've been wondering about.

Hope your sleep study goes well - is it just one night or over a period of time? Did your GP refer you or a consultant?

popsycal Fri 07-Sep-07 22:02:53

It is just one night. We go in around 5pm on the Wed and leave around 9am on the Thurs.

We saw the gp who referred us to the ENT dept in the hospital, who referred us to the sleep clinic (who then did bugger for 4 months all until I hassled them constantly for the last 3 weeks )

popsycal Fri 07-Sep-07 22:04:17

Sarah re sleep apnoea. I am 99% sure that ds2 has it. If I sit with him for just 5 minutes when he is in deep sleep, he stops breathing several times for between 5-10 seconds at a time. He has all of the classic symptoms.

What happens with your ds?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now