Talk

Advanced search

Wedding and bowels!

(9 Posts)
nolovelost Wed 11-Mar-20 17:56:38

Hi all. I have a wedding to go to and will be wearing a pretty, quite tight dress. I take Laxido and Senna long term as I have chronic constipation.

If I take both the day before I'll have Senna farts (vile ), I can't keep them in. If I don't take them I'll be a bloated wreck! Other than sticking to non fizzy drinks does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do?

Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
Wavescrashingonthebeach Wed 11-Mar-20 18:00:13

A big glass of Andrews? Love the stuff, so refreshing and gently debloating.
Do you have to wear the tight dress? Can you not wear something ruched so it doesnt cling on your belly?
My belly bloats so bad off certain foods people ask me when im due hmm haha im just like no its a food baby!!!

Haworthia Wed 11-Mar-20 18:02:14

I would take Laxido alone as that doesn’t make you windy. And re-consider the tight dress.

nolovelost Wed 11-Mar-20 19:13:08

Thanks to both of you. Good tip about the laxido. Would you stick to the one? The dress isn't tight tight! Fitted but stretchy and an extra piece of material that covers the middle bit. It's 'the' dress (doesn't happen very often!).

I've looked to see if you can drink alcohol with Andrews, can't find anything.

Haworthia Wed 11-Mar-20 21:06:39

What’s your daily maintenance dose of Laxido? Could could maybe have an extra sachet to compensate for the lack of senna. You know your digestive system best!

Wavescrashingonthebeach Wed 11-Mar-20 22:15:35

I've had Andrews to settle my stomach when ive been ill after drinking too much. Its great stuff. Id never heard of it until i had trapped wind once and an ex partner went the shops and got me some. Its amazing.

nolovelost Thu 12-Mar-20 12:53:51

@Haworthia just one a day. And yeah maybe. I've got a bit of time to experiment with it!

The Andrews sounds amazing, never tried it. Thanks.

labazsisgoingmad Thu 12-Mar-20 13:35:54

Andrews has been about for years always had in the medicine cabinet at home along with milk of magnesia.
try Buscopan other wise find it sorts my bowels out a treat especially now i have been eating extra fruit veg salad etc due to losing weight. otherwise i suffer with crippling stomach pains due to wind

LizzieMacQueen Thu 12-Mar-20 13:40:38

Take a change of dress for after the meal so you'll be more comfortable dancing etc. You'll have your pretty dress on for the official photos.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »