Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Can anyone recommend a deodrant for a 9 year old?

(11 Posts)
Fimbo Fri 07-Sep-07 14:04:51

Poor dd is starting to get b.o. when she does PE.

Any suggestions - something organic maybe.....

Furzella Fri 07-Sep-07 14:46:12

Tom's of Maine is gentle, organic, pretty natural and paraben free. Also Jason's do one too. Both are those push-up stick types. You can get either in a good health store or online.

Fimbo Fri 07-Sep-07 14:47:11

Thanks Furzella. Will give them a try

Aitch Fri 07-Sep-07 14:50:34

i'd get one of the salt ones, you get them in boots. completey natural, not an anti-perspirant just a deod. here
i use one, they're much better than other anti-persps i've tried.

Aitch Fri 07-Sep-07 14:50:53

oh, and you can buy them in boots, btw.

HappyMummyOfOne Fri 07-Sep-07 14:58:04

Lush do one thats natural too.

Fimbo Fri 07-Sep-07 14:59:18

Ty Aitch will look in Boots tomorrow too.

Fimbo Fri 07-Sep-07 15:00:24

And Lush! (which is one of dd's favourite ever shops - you can smell Lush before you actually see it!)

Aitch Fri 07-Sep-07 15:02:24

if you get the pit rok or similar, don't buy the spray as the nozzle always gets blocked by salt crystals. just the push up one.

Fimbo Fri 07-Sep-07 15:05:26

Thanks I will get the push up one.

Last night she wanted to paint her nails for school - had a terrible time trying to persuade her that the headmaster would give her into trouble... <<sighs>> Roll on the teenage years!

lulabelle Fri 07-Sep-07 16:56:37

There is one I think its called Mitchum or something like that, it is supposed to stop it before it starts, iyswim? it is a push up one and I think it chemical free, if I remember it was in a green coloured bottle.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: