Talk

Advanced search

Almost vomiting after taking Beechams all in one liquid

(14 Posts)
Polkadotpjs Mon 09-Mar-20 15:53:12

Oh my goodness. I feel so sick and have got an instant headache AFTER taking it. Haven't taken it in the day before, but i feel shocking to the point of wanting to be sick to rid myself of the vile, yellow liquid
Anyone else had this, or just generally want to whinge about colds being rubbish. As well as having to laugh along with people saying "ooh you've not got CoronaVirus have you?". Funny..

OP’s posts: |
Canshopwillshop Mon 09-Mar-20 15:55:53

I can’t take any of that stuff either - Lemsip, Beechams, Night Nurse - all makes me feel sick. I normally stick to paracetamol and hot lemon and honey. Hope you feel better soon.

GrumpyHoonMain Mon 09-Mar-20 15:56:53

The lemsip syrup tastes like melted Vicks. Totally sympathise

Polkadotpjs Mon 09-Mar-20 16:58:24

God it’s horrible isn’t it? I feel a bit better now but it had me reeling with nausea. Bleurgh

RandomMess Mon 09-Mar-20 17:08:02

I took something for chesty coughs that isn't non-drowsy.

Nearly vomited 🤮

RightOnTheEdge Mon 09-Mar-20 17:08:07

Oh I always have that reaction to Beechams! It makes me feel really, properly sick. I don't have that reaction to anything else, it's vile 😣

I've got an awful cold and cough I've had for weeks now and can't get rid of. My colleagues have made the add joke about me having Corona but I think they might actually be getting a bit nervous now about my coughing grin

crustycrab Mon 09-Mar-20 17:11:42

Me too and the lemsip syrup stuff and piriton

Lunafortheloveogod Mon 09-Mar-20 17:19:47

I’m determined those ones are as nasty as possible so you really have to be ill to even attempt to take them!

Beware of the vicks first defence nose spray, instant migraine and tears streaming down my face like a mad woman the first, and last, time I used it

RandomMess Mon 09-Mar-20 17:32:26

I think I only managed it for a few days when utterly desperate by using a medicine syringe so I didn't absorb as much flavour...

Polkadotpjs Mon 09-Mar-20 17:52:55

I’m so so glad it’s not just me. My head was banging too. Instant reaction.

Polkadotpjs Mon 09-Mar-20 17:54:13

I still feel like I want to lie down under a blanket and have someone bring me cups of tea. It’s got alcohol in it. Maybe that’s it? Although I’m quite adept at drinking alcohol I normally!

Polkadotpjs Mon 09-Mar-20 19:34:15

Got palpitations now too....I’m never taking it again

labazsisgoingmad Mon 09-Mar-20 19:55:12

i hate those Beechams hot lemons they make me so sick anything like that is a big no if i am battling flu the last thing i want is to feel worse. most are paracetamol based so i save money and my stomach by just taking that

Polkadotpjs Mon 09-Mar-20 21:26:14

I think plain paracetamol is the way. I cannot stomach the drinks without a tonne of sugar and always feel nauseous after them so don’t have them any more. I just literally had a flashback to my mum giving me Beechams powders. What the heck was in those? She used to give them to the dog too???

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in