Talk

Advanced search

Highish BP and aching foot, leg and fingers

(4 Posts)
flier Mon 09-Mar-20 08:32:45

I’ve been checking my bp over the last few months. Had a scare at gp last October where it was ridiculously high, they, however, after monitoring it and doing plenty of tests, put it down to white coat syndrome. I’ve continued to check it and lowest has been 140/81 and highest 158/101. I’ve had aching,similar to the pain you get when you get really bad pins and needles for the last few days. Latest bp is 149/91.

Should I be worried and get seen by my gp? Last time I went saying I was concerned it wasn’t white coat syndrome and that it was still high, I was made to feel I was worrying about nothing and that it was normal, in fact gp told me hers was similar and she wasn’t worried.

CamillaBeauchamp Mon 09-Mar-20 17:27:03

Have you had 24 hour monitoring? I think you need to back to the GP

Spied Mon 09-Mar-20 17:40:57

How often are you checking?
I ask as someone who is pre-occupied with checking my BP.
I check, if not happy I do it again, and again and end up in a cycle of anxiety and checking.
Are you a frequent patient at the surgery?

flier Mon 09-Mar-20 20:34:45

I only check it when I get a migraine or these pains, a couple of times a month. I’m not a frequent visitor to the gp at all, which I guess is why I’m asking on here rather than just going

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »