Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Rash in a 2 year old

(5 Posts)
NAB3 Fri 07-Sep-07 07:29:45

Just taken DS2's PJ top off and he has a rash on him. Behind his neck and the top half of his torso. Just given him a small dose of Piriton but does it sound like anything anyone recognises please? TIA.

RubySlippers Fri 07-Sep-07 07:43:53

does he have a fever?
my DS often gets a rash when he is hot, or when he has a virus

belgo Fri 07-Sep-07 07:56:47

Any other symptoms?

has he been ill recently? Sometimes a rash shows up after a viral illness.

Are they new pjs?

NAB3 Fri 07-Sep-07 12:08:29

Hi
What a morning! A mum at school thought it looked measlesy shock so off I went to the pharmacist to check. She didn't hink it was but I went to clinic to get the HV to look. It isn't measles but she wasn't sure. I will keep an eye on him. Thanks all.

NAB3 Fri 07-Sep-07 18:14:32

It gets better. This mornings rash has pretty much gone then this afternoon he has bright red rashes all over his back and top of his bottom. A different pharmacist looked at him and thinks it may be an allergy. Just been and got some Fairy detergent and debating whether to rewash all his clothes in case it was the detergent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now