Talk

Advanced search

What is this thing that happens

(14 Posts)
BUNNIESandBISCUITS Sat 07-Mar-20 17:44:36

Usually on a weekend. I suddenly feel very tired, head full of fluff, face feels very hot and dry.

I will lie down and sleep like the dead for hours, then the next day I'm okay.

Hivemind, answers on a postcard, please?

OP’s posts: |
BUNNIESandBISCUITS Sat 07-Mar-20 19:31:21

Any suggestions from the night watch? I avoided the sleep today, but I feel rough.

BUNNIESandBISCUITS Sat 07-Mar-20 20:14:15

And my hands and feet are cold.

Alonelonelyloner Sat 07-Mar-20 20:50:53

Hmmmmm

How old are you?
How many hours a week do you work? (I work around 60 sometimes and I collapse at the weekend)
Do you get enough/too much physical activity?

BUNNIESandBISCUITS Sat 07-Mar-20 21:29:02

36. I teach, so 40 school hours and then WFH too. Not nearly enough exercise.

Peeing lots in the middle of the day and quite thirsty too.

BUNNIESandBISCUITS Sat 07-Mar-20 21:29:41

My hands have warmed up grin

picklemewalnuts Sat 07-Mar-20 21:35:08

Possibly migraine. Sometimes you get a weird feeling, then sleep like the dead. Over time it may be that you feel like that then vomit. Then move on to the cracking, one sided, nauseous headache that people associate with migraine. It was two years after they started before the headache kicked in, for me.

BUNNIESandBISCUITS Sat 07-Mar-20 21:36:54

picklemewalnuts That sounds horrific for you.

Myusername2015 Sat 07-Mar-20 21:40:01

Have you had a test recently for diabetes? My brothers early symptoms were thirst all night fog type brain and exhaustion.

CourageCamille Sat 07-Mar-20 21:47:02

If this is something that happens when you spend more time at home it's worth getting a carbon monoxide alarm. I felt similar to this after a week off at home and turned out my boiler was faulty.

LittleBoyJuly2020 Sat 07-Mar-20 21:49:16

Underactive thyroid? Cold hands and feet, exhaustion, dry skin are just a few symptoms of an underactive thyroid.

BUNNIESandBISCUITS Sat 07-Mar-20 22:23:22

Never been tested for diabetes. We have CM detector. Was once told that bloods showed my thyroid as underactive but docs changed their minds at the next app.

Silvercatowner Sun 08-Mar-20 07:33:42

I'd say you need to be checked for diabetes. A bit random, but OH's hands always go freezing cold as a hypo is coming on. I often know before he does.

BUNNIESandBISCUITS Sun 08-Mar-20 09:59:49

Interesting point, Silvercatowner ... last week I slumped right after a big lunch. Yesterday I skipped lunch.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »