Talk

Advanced search

Sudden Itchiness!

(4 Posts)
youvegottobekidding Sun 01-Mar-20 21:38:35

For the last few nights (and it seems to be more so in the evenings like now) I get really itchy all over. I have no rash. Just random places, arms, legs, back, hand, tummy, face. No spots. My skin is a bit dry so I’ve started using Cetraban. Haven’t changed detergent. Heating was on last night but not tonight or the night before.

Clean bed linen on. I have got really itchy toes, and in between my toes, the skin is peeling a bit, it’s been like that for about 5 days now so I’ve been moisturising lots & letting feet get air as much as possible.

No new meds, diet hasn’t changed. No new shampoos or shower gels. It’s really starting to bug me now! I’m sat here & it feels like a very light bug is crawling over me! I’ve never had this before so I don’t know why it’s just come about! Watching that Death in Paradise with the new detective doesn’t help either! Any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
Dreamersandwishers Mon 02-Mar-20 14:28:53

Probably time to go see your GP. You may need some blood tests, it could be anaemia for example. There are a few things which cause itching that are totally internal.

youvegottobekidding Wed 04-Mar-20 11:00:52

Thanks for your reply, I was anaemic until recently - my latest blood test results from about a month ago showed satisfactory, before my ferritin levels were zero.

I wasn’t too bad last night, I am moisturising more but yes if it continues I will see my gp.

OP’s posts: |
fairyfingers Wed 04-Mar-20 12:29:30

Agree re GP first but to put it out there, tree pollen allergy? I get itchy af and normally start early March. And not just outside either.

Despite growing up rurally and never having any allergies, this charmingly started randomly about 3/4 years ago out of the blue and had me and the gp stumped for ages. It goes in may/june

But GP first for some blood tests to rule stuff out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »