Talk

Advanced search

Fibromyalgia and frozen shoulder

(1 Post)
Starbuck8419 Sun 01-Mar-20 17:12:59

Hello everyone,

I hope this is the right place for the topic.

Anyway, I’m looking for some advice.

About two years ago I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia (although I reckon I’ve had it since I was pregnant/ had a c-section five years ago.)

As part of it, I’ve always got aches and pains around my entire body. One day they are there, the next they aren’t. Etc etc.

Last year I started to get a pain in my right arm/shoulder that started as a dull ache and spread across the right side of my chest. It felt like it was coming from deep within the joint or muscle and gradually got more painful over the course of about a week.

One morning I woke up in absolute agony. Essentially my arm was frozen and I couldn’t move it without excruciating pain. My husband had to get me dressed it was so bad. Co-codemol/painkillers weren’t doing anything.

So I went to the doctors and he sent me for an emergency physio appointment and the guy showed me some exercises and diagnosed me with a frozen shoulder. I could expect it to not be right for possibly up to two years.

Anyway, a few days later (if that,) it just started getting better on its own and eventually disappeared on its own accord. It was very strange and I thought I’d was losing my mind but it wasn’t psychosomatic at all.

I’ve not had anything like it until this week when I started to feel like I had a bulge under the same arm in the pit. I don’t have any lump as far as I can tell (and I check myself constantly.) I figure it’s just because I’ve gained weight and I’m not used to being so “fleshy” 😊 but the pain has spread around my chest again and over my shoulder as before.

Today for example, in the space of a couple of hours, it’s gone from uncomfortable to painful and I’m fearing I’ll end up going through the same again.

It’s horrid because any slight movement results in a flash of sharp pain going down my shoulder/arm and then it just throbs with a burning sensation for a few minutes.

Anyway, my point is, has anyone had this before? If so, any advice?
Can frozen shoulders go away within two days because I didn’t think that was the case?

Thanks in advance!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »