Talk

Advanced search

My daughters constant runny nose and cough

(7 Posts)
Glennieboy Sat 29-Feb-20 20:39:26

I would like to know if anyone can give me some tips or answers. My daugher is 22 months old and she seems to have a constant runny nose. Also she has a cough where it comes and goes. I have been to the doctor and she done some checks. They have checked for allergies and took some blood. I use salt water spray and have a tube that i can suck out her snot. To me it does not seem normal it has gone on for so long.

Do you think i should go back to the doctor. Will this pass is it the cold weather. Is it possible my daughter is picking this up from the kindergarten. My daugher was born premature 3 months, could it be her immune system is not developed properly. Please someone help i just want my daugher to be free from her constant runny nose. Also her breathing when she goes to bed is not good

OP’s posts: |
Sila123 Sun 01-Mar-20 04:17:58

Try not to worry. Book in and see a nurse at your g.p surgery, they will be more sympathetic and explain what is wrong. A good female nurse will be better. Most of all, try not to worry.

endofthelinefinally Sun 01-Mar-20 04:20:02

Could she have put something up her nose? A bead or similar?

inthethickofit19 Sun 01-Mar-20 04:22:04

Sambucol is great - buy off amazon or boots. Really helps with their immune. It's just a high tonic vitamin C

ByeByeMissAmericanPie Sun 01-Mar-20 04:22:15

I’d ask the GP to check for dairy allergy. My DS was like this as a baby, and swapping his milk for an alternative was a game changer.

GrockleRock Sun 01-Mar-20 04:40:40

I was about to say the same as ByeByeMissAmericanPie

My daughter was allergic to cows milk. I had no idea, until I started reading about it.

Her cough, runny nose, dry skin & on/off rash went within 5 days of stopping milk.

jalopy Sun 01-Mar-20 21:43:53

Yep. Same with my son when he was about 16 months. Constant clear runny nose, wheezy etc. Realised that he was allergic to dairy products.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »