Talk

Advanced search

Genital Herpes & coldsores

(6 Posts)
bigfootfred Sat 29-Feb-20 12:23:31

Hi good morning and sorry this isn't the best topic for a Saturday!

I have genital herpes, diagnosed last year (prob after cheating shitty exH).

I seem to be getting outbreaks nearly every months of GH and coldsores and I am just getting so worn down by it. The other day I 4 continuous coldsores in a row!

I just wanted to hear from other sufferers to see if there are any tips/ things to avoid. I have quite a stressful life (even if I don't see it) I am working FT, running a business and caring for my DH.

Since Dec I have been taking 2000mg L-lysine, women's multi vit, probiotics and more recently Goli gummies and B vitamins.
My diet isn't great so I am now working on that to loose weight and be healthier.

So does anyone have any tips? I'd rather not take antivirals so trying to improve myself first. Although I have a prescription on standby.

With this most recent outbreak, I got headaches and pain under my eye and in my ear before. Is this a symptom/ warning or something unrelated?

Thanks in advance smile

OP’s posts: |
EmmaC78 Sat 29-Feb-20 12:26:10

Do you eat a lot of nuts? There is something in them which can be a trigger for some people.

MyFavouriteColourIsBlue Sat 29-Feb-20 12:28:44

Would you consider trying suppression for a few months? It sounds as though you need a break from all of this and your virus is quite active. Suppression would be ideal in these circumstances.

bigfootfred Sat 29-Feb-20 12:33:29

I @EmmaC78 no I used to but since my diet has gotten bad no. So I will avoid more now.

I would consider suppression but the L-lysine does seem to be helping abit... I haven't had a mouth coldsore since taking it

EmmaC78 Sat 29-Feb-20 13:01:10

There were other food triggers when i looked into it. I can't remember what they are but might be worth looking up. Nuts were definately a trigger for me. Sorry you are having such a rough time with it.

bigfootfred Sat 29-Feb-20 13:30:04

what I forgot to ask is before this current outbreak which is just down below no cold sore. I had sensitivity under my eye and pain in my ear, is this a sign on the start of the virus or something seperate?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »