Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Really awful nappy rash

(6 Posts)
ScaryHairy Wed 05-Sep-07 19:29:52

My one year old has got horrendous nappy rash all over her fanjo. It's completely bright red. The last antibiotics she took ended in early August but I am worried that she might have a fungal infection since Metanium seems to be having no impact at all. Is there any way for me to work out what the problem is? Is it safe to use Canasten? Or is there something else that might help instead?

Thanks

ELR Wed 05-Sep-07 19:31:17

canasten fine i just took ds to docs due to nappy rash and they precribed it well the cheaper equivalent

ScaryHairy Wed 05-Sep-07 19:35:03

Thanks. She's been so lucky and never had nappy rash before and I feel so so sorry for her!

Jojay Wed 05-Sep-07 19:40:58

Awww - it's so miserable isn't it

A trip to the doctor may be in order if it's still bad in a day or two - they have better creams to prescribe apparently

Pruners Wed 05-Sep-07 19:50:59

Message withdrawn

ScaryHairy Wed 05-Sep-07 20:24:55

Thanks. I think I will give the canasten a try for a day and see if it makes any progress. She's never had nappy rash and this came up so fast I think it might well be something other than just rash.
Will defo give the Weleda one a try - I love their calendula lotion.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: