Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

monthly aching bones/joints

(3 Posts)
shazfos Wed 05-Sep-07 15:24:53

Hi everyone

For past few months, every month I experience flu/virus type symptoms with aching bones/joints (esp lower back,hips) which is agony and often has me in tears. It's so bad that I dread and fear it every month.

Could this be cyclic and linked to my menstrual cycle?

I am thinking this because since around the same time, I have had irregular cycles with bleeding in between. Hormones tests ok.

Does anyone else experience this?

sx

MorocconOil Wed 05-Sep-07 17:00:48

Yes shazfos, I get lots of these type of aches too. Even the joints in my fingers hurt. It doesn't last all month either. My periods have become irregular too. Sometimes I don't have one for 6 weeks, then I'll have only a 3 week gap between them. Some cycles are very heavy blood loss, others light.

I often feel completely exhausted just before my period starts. The kind of tiredness I experienced in early pregnancy.

I have had tests too, and everything was normal. Maybe it's just due to hormonal changes. I'm forty and thought it could be perimenopause.

It's quite unsettling though isn't it?

shazfos Sun 09-Sep-07 16:24:23

Thanks for your reply - it is good to know I am not alone. I feel a bit of a pest going to docs as tests are normal.

I am 32 and have been reading about the perimenopause and all symptoms do strike a chord - although I know I may be paranoid. However, we have been trying for our second child for almost a year now and nothing!

Tests did indicate I may not be ovulating which isn't great!

But you are prob right and it is linked to hormonal changes - it's awful though!

Good luck

sx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now