Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I need something to help reduce my stress levels - any ideas please?

(8 Posts)
mckenzie Wed 05-Sep-07 15:04:32

I've just had the results back from some blood tests and they have shown that I have very high levels of prolactin (a hormone usually found in women who are lactating). According to the little research I have done, the cause can sometimes be stress. I also have just got a mild case of Bells Pawsy which again I am told can be stress related.

I eat fairly healthily, exercise regularly and don't drink or smoke.
My family (particularly my DH) would probably say that I have always been fairly highly stressed but perhaps I now need to think about trying to get it under control.

Are there any herbal or homeopathic remedies that i can take perhaps to help me?

TIA

FLIER Wed 05-Sep-07 15:07:26

bach rescue remedy?

mckenzie Wed 05-Sep-07 15:09:01

I have used that in the past Flier for particular situations but can i take it continually though?

lucyellensmum Wed 05-Sep-07 15:13:55

a have a friend who swears by valerena, its a herbal thing. Ive never used it though. I think you can buy it in boots, that is something you take constantly as apposed to bachs which i would have thought would lose its effectiveness if you take it all the time.

Pitchounette Wed 05-Sep-07 15:15:23

Message withdrawn

Jamantha Wed 05-Sep-07 15:19:33

relexology. I have a treatment every 3 or 4 weeks and it is so lovely snd relaxing. You might need more frequent at first to help you destress and then "top ups" at this type of frequency to keep up the benefits?

mckenzie Wed 05-Sep-07 17:15:18

thanks for the repies. I used to have reflexology regularly and loved it Jamantha so once DD starts pre-school in october I can try that again.
And i love mackeral Pitchounette so I'll stock up on that. I think i've heard of Valerena lucyellensmum - I'll check out Holland and Barrett when I'm in town next.

Thanks again.

BarbieGirl Wed 05-Sep-07 18:52:11

Do you mean Valerian Root? I have heard this is quite good used alongside vitamin B6.

I am off to buy some smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now