Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding two weeks after last period end

(5 Posts)
DoloresStormborn Tue 25-Feb-20 13:33:37

Am I meant to assume this is an extra surprise period? Or should I be concerned, treat it as any other type of random bleeding, and get seen ASAP? It's out of the ordinary for me personally (usually 4-5 weeks between the end of one and start of the next). It's definitely not pregnancy related (unless I'm the next Virgin Mary) and I don't take the pill or anything.

Any advice would be much appreciated thank you!

OP’s posts: |
PeakFlow Wed 26-Feb-20 22:06:35

How old are you Op? I had this and it was the very first symptom of the beginning of perimenopause (I was about 46).
A GP visit is in order regardless.

DoloresStormborn Wed 26-Feb-20 22:13:07

I’m in my early thirties so it did cross my mind that it might be the start of early menopause sad

OP’s posts: |
FedUpOfAdulting Wed 26-Feb-20 22:30:53

I don't think it's that unusual. I often get a bit of bleeding mid cycle around ovulation, I think it's something to do with hormone surge.

amillionwishes Thu 27-Feb-20 16:51:34

I had this (as well as bleeding after sex) went to the dr, was referred to the gynae and am now waiting for biopsy results. Any unusual bleeding should be investigated really, when was your last smear?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »