Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be scared of a Crohns diagnosis!

(3 Posts)
binkyblinky Mon 24-Feb-20 13:58:39

After years of misreading symptoms, I have finally seen a consultant who said he would put his money on my having crohns Or ulcerative colitis.

I'm currently being a big wuss and I'm due to have my first ever MRI scan on Thursday followed by a colonoscopy within the next week or so.

I'm absolutely terrified about the MRI I don't even get me started on the colonoscopy, can anyoneShare their experiences of these investigations to me please?

OP’s posts: |
BoogleMcGroogle Mon 24-Feb-20 15:09:49

I have Crohns. I've had various investigations over the last 20 years or so and in my experience, the prospect of them is generally worse than the reality. I've had 5 colonoscopies. The prep is grim, but I choose gas and air for the procedure and get quite high!

There is so much that can be done to manage the condition and you'll feel so much better when you are properly well that it'll be worth it. I've not needed any medication since my son was born 8 years ago, so it can come and go too.
Best of luck thanks

binkyblinky Mon 24-Feb-20 16:19:48

What's grim about the colonoscopy- I have no idea what to expect

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »