Advanced search

Where to go for knee injury?

(4 Posts)
sillyoldelfbacktohimself Sun 23-Feb-20 22:39:20

As the title really.

Painful knee not getting any better after 3/4 weeks, I can't kneel on it at all without extreme pain which is just below my kneecap. Walking and bending is fine.

I had a jolt to the side which set it off originally.

Any ideas what I could've done?

Do I book in with my GP? Go to minor injuries or self refer to physio?


OP’s posts: |
Glendora Sun 23-Feb-20 22:43:10

If you can afford it I'd go straight to (a good!) private physio.

sillyoldelfbacktohimself Sun 23-Feb-20 22:57:32

Thanks @Glendora so they'll be able to assess my injury without an x-ray? I was thinking I could do that as I hate to waste nhs time if I don't need to.

OP’s posts: |
SwedishEdith Sun 23-Feb-20 23:02:14

Definitely see a physio if you can afford to (usually about £45 an appointment). Some hospitals have an x-ray clinic where you just turn up. Can't remember if your GP needs to refer you first.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »